Description
The Church of Madonna delle Grazie is close to the east door of the castle of Sant`Anatolia di Narco.
Originally, it was a rural shrine with Umbrian frescoes of Sienese influence (1416); inside the arch, on pillars in fake mosaic, they represent the Madonna on Throne with blessing upright Child and, at the sides, St John the Evangelist and Anthony Abbot.
The shrine was enlarged in 1575 with the current tympanum façade incorporating the small belfry: the large portal, like that of the nearby former convent, is in rough Abruzzo ashlar, with two similar square windows at the sides. At the centre is an oculus in stone.
The bottom wall was completed with the fresco by Piermatteo Gigli in 1578, representing the Virgin between the Apostles. On the front of the arch he painted a theory of Saints around the mystical Lamb. From the left, St. Agata, St. Anatolia, St. Martin, St. Cristina, St. Lucy, St. Victoria, St. Apollonia, St. Barbara.